Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tickled Pink But More Like Fuchsia

This means different things to different people. One might be tickled pink when you have arrived or even more so if you leave. I personally prefer the pink to occur when I arrive. The rosy blush of excitement on others' cheeks as they see me enter the room. A good entrance is essential for the tickling to be successful. I am certain that the Pilgrims were a wonderful shade of mauve as they saw Squanto enter the colony. People tend to giggle uncontrollably in delight when their lives are being saved. Starvation tends to be a downer. But let's face facts, many do find great joy when one leaves. These individuals are threatening, under minding or even annoying. When you have someone like this in your life, someone that you see very often, someone that makes you uncomfortable, you look forward to their departure. If by any chance, the link is severed, and their presence is no longer a matter of contention then the tickle is huge. I see this state of bliss as cleverly disguised jealousy. The anticipation of the status quo to return is the cry of the wounded ego, the insecure, and the fallen hubris. They are gone, and you claim back your territory. Although you will not see the dual, the shoot out, or the smack down, the exit confirms in the hearts of the onlookers that a victory was obtained...thus the pink and the tickle.

No comments: