Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Administration Approves of this Holiday

Veteran's' Day is a holiday that people think about because they were reminded on the news or because their kids got the day off from school, and they have to figure out babysitting for the day. I find it odd that while we know and understand that we are at war, many do not make any effort to celebrate. I, for one, appreciate anyone willing to go head to head with possible death so that I can put my two cents worth on the Internet. Our freedom is costly and down right high maintenance. I enjoy it every day, and disregard its importance every chance I get. However, as I am reminded that today there is a man or woman sitting in Iraq dreaming of coming home to the mundane grind of a safe and comfortable lifestyle, I have to say thank you for letting me fall asleep at the wheel. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to throw a fit when there is no "good" parking spaces at the mall. Thank you for allowing me the choice of ten restaurants in a two mile radius. Thank you for providing an overflow of information, resources, and technology. Thank you to all you super soldiers that wake up to serve me and the freedom I take for granted. It's good to know that the morning news anchor made an attempt to get us all to remember why we were able to get up this morning out of a warm bed to complain about our lives.

No comments: