Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Let Them Eat Cake
I have found myself pondering cake. Well the metaphorical cake, we all would love to sample. We would enjoy to eat cake and then have it, but literally that is impossible, thus the idiom. I am convinced that there are some individuals that do enjoy eating and then having. For example, O.J. Simpson was able to rid himself of his ex-wife via murder, and then get acquitted of the crime. I'm going to have to put that in the eating/ having cake category. Everyone would like to get away with murder. However, lightening never strikes twice, especially in Las Vegas. It is not often that one can delight in two conflicting desires. You can't devour McDonald's at every meal without exercising, then expect to have Michael Phelps' physique. If you want both, you are not alone. How many of us loved having Mom take care of us, but didn't want her imposing her rules? If that could have been achieved, what 18 year old would ever leave home? Nevertheless, it is the ones that seem to pull it off, we watch with a careful eye and analyze their method of great accomplishment. When it is so frustrating to make a choice, or when you know the opportunity might not present itself again, we spend much time thinking about cake. It is something that we do. We like cake. I say, "let them have cake and eat it too."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment