Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursdays and the Fate of the Free World

I woke up thinking about the holidays. I do enjoy the hustle and bustle. The energy of the crowd, and the pulse of the streets filled with people. Southern Californians are so confined to their cars that it is a treat every year at this time to see people actually walking around. I rant because my heart belongs east of the Mississippi. I would love to live close to the corner bakery and bodega. I woud love to walk around the corner, and grab a pizza. However, this little country called L.A. and Orange county was set down on planet earth by aliens. No governmental entity could be this well organized! I am fully convinced that I don't live in any reality recognizable by the rest of humanity. I criticize because I love this place. It is not the ideal, or should I say it is the ideal. Many have planned this community for the safeguard of its citizentry, but the little fiesty kid inside me who thinks New York's fashion week should be a national holiday, still wonders if she could leave this paradise of perfectly designed residential and commercial zoning for the hundred year old streets of Boston. I am harsh and unreasonable. As long as we have Pasadena, I can escape from the cookie cutter existence of the o.c. Thursdays always make me think of such things!

No comments: