Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Morning-After Pill

It is a bitter pill to swallow for most Republicans. I'm sure the feelings are a lot between losing your job and your team losing the Super Bowl. I have to give my utmost appreciation and accolades to John McCain for conceding in a most gracious and gentlemanly fashion. I am not one of those citizens that believes that this nation is doomed by the outcome of an executive election. I know that irrespective of what politicians say during their campaigns what actually occurs in office is very much dependent on how well the governmental branches work together or against each other. Let me be honest, carrying out policy is not a matter of the president but rather a task for the House and the Senate. Let us not forget that there are a lot more behind the scenes individuals that wield significant power and control, and we didn't vote for them. I think I have fallen into a conspiracy theory trap. If you are a Democrat or Republican, the next four years will probably be like the last four years...another financial tragedy might hit, another Katrina might occur, or even another Virginia Tech massacre might take us by surprise. Bad things happen to both good and bad presidents. However, we still survive as a super power. It is just a roll of the dice to see what President Obama is in for these next four years. So to all my Conservatives, I give this gain of salt. Please take it with last night's bitter pill.

No comments: