Have you heard of the pregnant man? We all saw him with his big belly on Oprah.
We stood shocked as we had to figure out if science actually did the impossible. Of course, we later found out he/ she was a trannie. I get the allure of getting your 15minutes of fame. Why else would healthy people, who have relatively nice lifestyles openly volunteer to starve themselves in an impoverished environment for money? The seductress of celebrity. She presents to her victims the beautiful and exciting world of press junkets, fancy social gatherings with TV cameras, and the all intoxicating recognition on the street, perhaps from the flashing bulbs of the paparazzi. Yeah, I get it...it's Psych 101. I want others to like me or at least have an opinion about me. Hey, that is what has kept Madonna alive and kicking for all these years. The public loves you or hates you, but they are talking about you. I recently found this said about me...which proves my point. If I'm the topic of your conversation during the day, than I have won. If I consume your thoughts for longer than a moment, I am the victor. If you think you see me on the street, then, my friend, put up your white flag. Others can form their opinions about me, criticize me, praise and adore me, but if their wasting their time on me then I have accomplished what I set out...FAME! Hey, I have no problem being a Thomas Beattie in a small pond.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment