Monday, November 17, 2008
When did Delusional Become a Bad Thing?
Have you seen newly elected President Obama on any magazine cover? Oh, that's right; he is everywhere. The press overdose has me thinking that his celebrity is legit. I saw his face on about four periodicals at my local grocery store. I happen to find myself in a short line, and was unable to do my weekly reading of current events. It isn't his foreign policy or his tax program that intrigued me. It was Washington's ban of his Blackberry. He is a techno freak, and I being a Luddite consider it curious that this is an issue. Let me assure you that I understand the inherit evils associated with technological devices. I cringe when confronted with a scientific calculator. So it doesn't seem far-fetched to me that the Blackberry is a security risk. I theorized that the Secret Service has lobbied to be the only ones with fancy Bond gadgets. But let's consider this...President Obama with a Blackberry looks like a Silicon Valley nerd, however, with an iPhone...well, that says 21st century Commander and Chief. I say POTUS is eye candy, not self-administrating. The whole reason, we employ such a large bureaucracy is to avoid security breaches caused by checking email, downloading ringtones, and synchronizing Outlook. The days of peanuts and jellybeans linked to the Executive Office have come to an end. My friends, that Administration is in the past. Long live the i(fill in electronic device here)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment