I believe in many profound truths, but there are a lot of "skimming the surface" truths that direct my thoughts, actions, and attitudes. Now my core beliefs do in fact shape my worldview, however, it is the insignificant doctrines that I hold dear which aid in my decision-making each day. For instance, I believe that popcorn tastes better at a movie theater than at home watching a DVD. I am sure the coconut oil and extra artificial butter have a lot to do with it, but when I am sitting in a theater and the screen lights up that tub of popcorn becomes the most delicious treat. It's magic!
I also believe that a spa facility is a necessity in choosing a hotel. My credo has always been, "a vacation is living better than you do at home." I do not have a masseuse nor an esthetician at my disposal, so if a hotel can't offer me this basic vacation necessity than I can't fork over my money. It is a matter of personal dignity. I need, and I do mean need, to have the ridiculous amenities that even Diddy would expect.
I believe that high heels should be worn at least twice a week. Let's face it, they are uncomfortable, damaging to your feet, and of course non-essential footwear, but they make my legs looks so cute. When my legs look long and sexy, it is like a shot of confidence into my step. I walk taller because I am, and I strut like I mean business. The right pair of stilettos can make me as hot as a supermodel, as cool as a movie starlet, and as confident as a business mogul.
Moving along, I believe that dessert and coffee are a must after a great dinner. I am not talking about fast food or those pseudo foodie establishments. I am speaking of the kind of meal that makes you rethink pleasure. The sort of place that has no salt or pepper on the table because the food is that good. When you have finished a meal like that, you are obligated to sit back, and reward yourself for choosing wisely. A well crafted dessert with an aromatic cup of coffee is the best chaser, and don't forget to top it off with clever witty conversation.
I believe a sleeping baby is the most beautiful sight in the universe. The little face with chubby cheeks in a quiet peaceful state reaffirms good and decency in this world. In the midst of the chaos, there is serenity and moments of tranquility.
I believe that the right pair of earrings can change your outlook on life. Accessories have a special place in my heart. I find them a lot like comfort food. When I am down in the dumps, they seem to make me feel whimsical. They are just an add-on, but they are playful. They serve no other purpose but to be fun, like pixie sticks.
I believe that buying online is best done at work. If you have that kind of down time, life can't be that bad. I have to admit knowing that I can put aside a project to shop online is evidence that I must be ahead of schedule. When that occurs, the dot-coms are the ideal reward. My work ethic is still intacted; I put my nose to the grindstone; I gave 110%, now it is "me" time.
I believe that driving in central Florida in a tropical storm is a true test of your driving ability. When you have zero visibility and you know that pre-hurricane winds are beating down, you tend to put on your A game behind the wheel.
Finally, I believe that summer is sexier than winter. Do I have to explain myself? Less clothes, more skin. I love the warm nights, and the lazy days. The tropical drinks and the fresh fruit. Staying out late and sleeping in the morning. That's sexy!
Yeah...the superfluous dogma might not change the course of history, but it is what puts into motion the details, the quirks, the nuances that make me, me!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
very funny, especially the comment about high heels. you should write slogans for ads! brought a smile to my face.
lance
I am glad. Trust me, the manifesto will continue, if only to continue bringing smiles.
Post a Comment