Wednesday, December 3, 2008
A New Rule for the New Millenium
There are certain people you think you have figured out, you believe that decisions have been made, and it is a done deal. However, some tend to create a ripple of confusion...a wave of "maybes," and even a swell of "huh?" I do wonder at times, when we close the door, do we intentionally leave a window open? Is it because we are not fully convinced that the ending is happy? Second guessing myself is a recurrence in my day to day. I hate to say it, but even shopping for clothes gets me antsy. I know that I can evaluate the cost to determine whether the bargain was achieved, but I am guaranteed buyers' remorse the moment the cashier hands over the receipt. The look of shock and awe cripples me; I think that is why the military favors this war strategy. It leaves me devastated...and completely bewildered as if I had no idea how and why this happened. Is it that we second guess, or reevaluate? Is it that we falter, or we can't go without? Is it that we are indecisive, or we want it all? You might think you got closure, you tied loose ends, or that the Q and A is over, but make no mistake the window is cracked open. Did you purpose to close it or open it up? Ponder and reflect, then be prepared to discuss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good writing by the way. Really deep stuff. You could really write when you are feeling down and need to express yourself. It's when I have written my best lyrics to songs. As for your topic of the window being left open. I would say it makes me realize how unfulfilling life and all its achievements can be when we do it for ourselves, our parents, spouses, or friends approval. Solomon said it best. "It's all vanity" You see that is why buying stuff for others is more fulfilling and more guilt free than buying for ourselves. Living each day as a living sacrifice unto God is the only true way to get through this lack luster world. Doing things for others is the key to happiness. That's why Jesus washed the feet of his disciples.
Post a Comment