This character entered my life, and instantly I was connected, drawn, and bonded. Her lustrous aura welcomed me in, and created for me a wondrous playground...an escape.
You see every moment of dread, concern, or pain vanishes by her mere presence. Her eyes can render an accurate analysis of the chaotic mind. Her touch can comfort the heaviest of hearts. Her voice can relieve the anxious of souls. These attributes are an addicting hallucinogen, making you see a friend or a lover. It is a look that she gives that makes you think that you are more than you ever imagined, a laugh that fills you with overwhelming elation, and a word that heightens once again all your senses. I find it so difficult to pull away or put her aside. Like I said, she is a drug, a dulling narcotic from the toils of this world. My dreams have rolled out the red carpet, and given her the key to the city. Morpheus has arranged a quiet meeting place, a lovely spot that is indescribable. The rain falls, and suddenly in my solitude, she is the rainbow with a pot of gold at the end. I am overjoyed by the outcome, the precious gift she grants. I realize that time has robbed me of knowing her more, circumstance has deprived me of showing my affection, and the unforeseen has placed a chasm between us. My supplication each night is to have a face to face, a tangible interchange, and the warmest of receptions. I wish, I desire, and I am ever hopeful.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very beautiful tribute to "Meri" and well deserved. I know your own children will one day speak of you in similar tones, as will I. xo
Post a Comment