Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Willona Would Agree

Do you remember that little kid on "Good Times?" You know that Norman Lear show about the inner-city African American family. Gosh, I am stunned that I am not an ultra left wing liberal. I watched a lot of T.V. growing up, and Norman Lear produced most of it. I did have my Gary Marshall chasers with Happy Days and LaVerne and Shirley to tone down the social satire. However, I was mostly influenced by the acid-trip that Sid and Marty Krofft took us on every Saturday morning. What I am trying to say is that Michael Evans, Ralph Carter's character, and Barack Obama are a lot alike. I have never seen them in the same room together. Is it me or is that a strange coincidence? I have thought this one through, and just hear me out...Little Michael could have grown up to be Obama. When I would watch him, I knew that this kid was smarter than anyone in his family, he had insight beyond his years, and he was ready for change. Let us not forget the "black Jesus" episode; for a kid to come up with that, he had to be destined for greatness. Everyone loved this kid. He had drive, ambition, and was well read. Michael Evans could have been the 44th president of these United States. He knew the plight of the common man, and was able to rise above his circumstances to achieve the American dream. I bet Oprah and Barbara Streisand would have endorsed him. Yeah... President elect Evans and of course, Penny would have been the First Lady. I don't have to convince you all that J.J. would have been his "Roger Clinton." A coattail rider, if I ever saw one. Now, I can't say much for Ralph Carter. He has fallen off the face of the earth. Thank God for TV Land, at least he is getting those residuals. I hope he didn't end up like those Brady kids.

No comments: