Monday, December 8, 2008

Can We Review the Instant Replay?

I wrote a blog regarding keeping a window open after closing the door. Please review, if you have forgotten. Preparation is key to all discussion groups. With that said, I wanted to address the question of intent that was left unanswered. Is the intent to close the window or to open it up? If you intend to close it, then I am curious why haven't you done it? What makes you procrastinate? What are you envisioning? Is there an evil master mind at work here? However, if you want to open it up, then is there a purpose, a reason, or a scheme? Intent is such a funny little word. It is subjective, and can not be placed under any scientific test. It is so hard to prove. It is what makes all the difference in the world in a court of law. What is your intent? You are the only one who can answer this question. When you have figured it out, feel free to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The window is left open because people want an escape hatch in case they want to second guess the door closing. The world is full of miserable people who don't honor their commitments. If one ever wants to achieve peace in this world, they have to close the window and live with their decisions. Are you critical of those who leave it open, or are you one of them?.

Lydia Jones said...

Just threw it out there to see. Discussion and analysis are key to understanding the human condition. I am sure we all have left the window open. We all have tried to undo, rewind, or do over some decision in our life. I sense angry in the force?

Anonymous said...

No anger intended. I don't agree that we all have left a window open. Maybe we all have thought about reopening a closed window, then considered the consequences and realized that our decision to close that window wasn't so bad at all. I just think the happiest people just live their lives at peace with their decisions (rather than look back on them with regret), and those that forever second guess their choices will never know peace. Maybe everyone has one or two things they did that they would do differently, but until someone invents a time machine and you can actually go back and redo the decision, dwelling on the past is a waste of time and prevents you from living in and enjoying the now. What is holding you back? You sound so funny and witty yet seem tethered down by this. Enjoy what you have now. The only thing certain in this world is that you won't have it forever.

I don't mean to stick my nose in your business, so don't take offence--it is an interesting discussion, but to the extent that it is autobiographical, consider what I have said. Peace and Happiness are available in the now, not in the past.

Lance

p.s. keep up the blog. It's a fun diversion for me every time I read it.