Dear Meredith,
It has been awhile since I wrote to you, so I am taking this opportunity to let you know what is happening in my life. I have had a lot of changes occur. I am not the same person you knew or thought you knew. Due to the circumstances that have presented themselves, I have chosen to do what I believe is best for those that share my inner circle. I am not afraid or timid any more. I am not bound by self-loathing or self-criticism. I have decided to hold fast to the very fact that I am a woman ready for any trial or triumphant that comes my way. I stand alone when the rubber hits the road. I just want you to know that I am standing, sometimes on one foot, but I am still standing. I don't air my grievances because I want a response, because I know you are not able to. I air them so that you know that in the midst of everything you are someone I reflect upon. I reflect on the carefree feelings you bring to my perplexed heart. I reflect on the uncomplicated conversations we have had. I reflect on the way you brought into vivid color every emotion. I reflect on how you made my future appear, however, delusional. I reflect, yet you are not a consideration. I ponder, yet you are not a reference point. I imagine, yet you are not a reason why. Could I let you know face to face in a soft conversation? Listen without the disturbances of this world. Laugh without hurrying off. Savor the wit and the puns without a time restraint. I am seeking after an opportunity to let you know the thoughts that I entertain. Chatter. Dialogue. Yes, I have been known to be a great conversationalist.
Sincerely is what I meant Meredith,
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment