Sunday, April 5, 2009
Tiger Beat At My Age
There are some celebrities I find delightful. Yes, I said it, delightful! I am not just saying this because they are hot, or play great characters, or are extraordinary actors...no, I say this because they have a quality that transcends the screen and pulls at me, attracts me, and makes me want to leave house and home. There is one in particular that has a hold on me. The allurement has no scientific evidence except I feel it. There is a Seinfeld episode in which Kramer is accused by the Latvian Orthodox Church of possessing an aura called the kervorcah. An animal magnetism that women can't resist. This one guy has it; oh, does he have it. He can change this sophisticated, articulate, well-educated lady into a star-struck, screaming, obsessed teenager. I get so excited, so elated, so electrified by the mere mention of his name. I can not explain the power he has over me. I know it is a fantasy, a delusion, a well constructed with thoughtful detailed day dream, yet the desire is so strong that I am overwhelmed and weakened when I see his face on a magazine or hear his voice on T.V. I literally stop in my tracks to read anything about him. I do believe I might be border lining on an illness of some sort. However, I wouldn't be the first...Elvis fans, Beetles fans, New Kids On The Block fans. The sensuality of some individuals is stronger than others, and maintains a supernatural control over us. When I see him perform, my heart begins to beat so hard and so fast. You know when you can sense each palpitation so distinctly, you are convinced you might be suffering a coronary. Thus is the dominance of a true star, a 21st century Valentino...Seth Rogen. I think I'm drooling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment