Thursday, April 23, 2009

Meredith in the Midst of the Darkness

It's night again. The lights are off. When you are in a poorly lit room, a lot can happen or at least, imagined. Being in the dark is a lot like being in an ocean. The water engulfs you. You are subject to it. I must submit to the blackness. I want to break free from its grip, but I have gone down this road before, and the journey is long and complicated. The road has no direction. No clear indicators of an end. I do find that Meredith is a distant glimmer. A flicker that I am drawn to in hopes of finding a final destination. A place full of light and irrational contentment. Meredith, bring some distraction, some diversion. You make the path to enlightenment less difficult, less demanding. You are able to pull me through the current, through the cross roads. Frivolousness and foolishness that you provide do the trick for me. Come on, who doesn't like magic? Slight of hand is useful in changing your perception. You are exceptional at creating an alternate universe. Bizarro me would be good right about now. I am sick of the deep waters, and I am ready to wade in the shallow end. Yeah...shallow would be a refreshing turn. Shallow would be light. I really need light.

No comments: