Tuesday, May 12, 2009
It Mathers To Me
I love Eminem's new singles. This man is an incredible rapper. Okay, I get it; he has women issues, and I think it stems from the horrible relationship with his mother. However, the white boy can rhyme. "Crack A Bottle" is an awesome display of rapping styles. When you hear classic Eminem fuse into the intense styling of Dr. Dre, and then flow effortlessly into the laid-back soothing sound of 50 Cent himself, it is, without a doubt, a work of musical art. The rhythm is evidently distinct, yet the beat is never compromised. What a body of work this Detroit native has had! Doesn't surprise me that Motor Town would produce a unique musical styling from someone who would have been swept under the rug. If this hit couldn't be enough, couldn't be at the cutting edge, he unleashes "We Made You." This burlesque fantasy is so melodic and dulcet; easily threading a rap stanza as if it was part of early twentieth century music. Marshall, my hat off to what I am convinced is creative and praise worthy. So...Nick Cannon has a beef against you, but so did Christiana Aguilera. This storm shall pass. I just wish that you could find a better subject matter than your disrespect toward women. Hold on to the genius, just filter the hate a little more. "Relapse," as it suggests, has me going back, wanting more. I thought there was no more Eminem; like the Beastie Boys, the novelty of a white rapper had faded into music history, but lo and behold, Slim Shady is present and accounted for. This, Mathers matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment