Monday, May 11, 2009
Tag Them and Bag Them
Sometimes the best thing I can do is stick my feelings in a box. Those complicated emotions that make no sense, I place in a compartment. A taped-off area in my mind far enough away from the surface, so I know that it is there, but I don't have to deal with it...quit yet. I am sure that this is not the way a healthy individual should approach emotional disturbances in the force, but it seems to work for me. I need the Jedi Council to evaluate the feelings, before sending out a Master and his Apprentice. I have tried the "deal-with-your-emotions-right-now," "air-your-feelings," confrontational approach. Everything seems to snowball. The emotions are so supercharged; they take on a life of their own. They grab onto anything else in the vicinity, and the molehill becomes Mt. Everest. No. I need to ponder. I need to make lists. I need to self-examine. I need to leave it alone, and then come back to it. When I have hurt someone with something I have said or done, I need to take a time-out and think about what I have done, but more importantly, what I should have done. This method should produce reformation. When I have a difficult choice to make, I need to sit quietly, and make a list. Analyze the situation. Prepare for each scenario. When I am faced with the possibility of losing something near and dear, I have to talk to myself or meditate in prayer. I need the solace of nature to hear the voice of comfort or reason. I can not always do this process immediately, so I have to label the feeling and send it into storage. I might even walk away with the intent not to reclaim the emotion, but I have discovered that when I am well-rested and relaxed I am better equipped to address the feelings, the problems, and the so-called crisis. My method might be psychological destructive, but I need the process. I need the 12 steps. I want to go through each box with care. I am sure I will get all the compartments dealt with by...oh, let say senility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment