Monday, May 4, 2009
See The Whole Picture, Jig-Saw.
Low self-image is my chronic condition, at least that is what I am told. I find that after years of observation and experience, I am more equipped to understand and interpret the shadows, the dim-lit alleys, and the by-ways off the beaten path. It is very interesting that the youthful gentleman looks at a woman's depth of emotion as a struggle with self-image. I recognize that criticism has always been a defective trait in the feminine disposition. We often find ourselves comparing and contrasting the superficial, the insignificant, and the trivial. However, desire, disappointment, and angst are not low self-esteem. They are parts to the puzzle. You place every piece on the table. You might even divide them by color or shape. All that is apparent is the disorder, the disarray, the fragments. It is a process pulling the pieces together, and creating the whole image. A lustful banter, a political analysis, a comedic anecdote may interlock, and expose the soul...the picture. The pain and discontentment are the pieces that you are certain do not fit. They have no rhyme nor reason. At times, you struggle to make them fit, make sense of them. You wish that someone with a new pair of eyes could come in and find their places in the puzzle. Low self-image is not the box. The box is attractive and demonstrates the put-together picture, however, it contains all the fragments. Of course, low self-image is a piece. It is a part not the whole. Feelings of uncertainty, fear, or the weight of the world on your shoulders are not due to feeling "fat." Life's trials and responsibilities stir up emotions that are bleak and wearying. A young man's trouble might not necessarily register equally to a woman's thoughts filled with concern and preoccupation for the future. Her needs are many, her duty is endless, and her wants are placed aside. So when I lack the ability to figure out where a piece goes, I get frustrated, and look for another piece. It is not low self-image. I am just focusing on another part of the picture. I want you to fit Jig-saw.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment